Stock Control & Data Input Assistant
Beetham Nurseries is an independent, family-owned garden centre based in south Cumbria. A business of over 80 team members, plants are our passion and we are proud to offer the highest quality indoor & outdoor plants, homeware, delicious food & drink and event experiences to our large customer base. Beetham Nurseries is looking for a part-time Stock Control & Data Input Assistant to join our fast-paced team.
About the Role
We are looking for an articulate and well-organised person to assist with our existing EPOS system.
Duties will include data inputting onto the EPOS system, receiving deliveries of stock from our suppliers, checking the stock against the delivery note, pricing and preparing the stock for the shop floor.
Other duties will include:
- Undertake regular stock takes to ensure the accuracy of the stock management system
- Assist in the maintenance of the EPOS and stock system to ensure correct retail and cost pricing
- Data input to include booking in orders, transferring stock and write offs
- Investigation of discrepancies upon receipt of goods
- Assist in warehouse stock control
Opportunity for further development within the role is available.
We are looking for someone with the following skills. Previous experience is preferred however full training will be given to the successful candidate.
- Ability to review and input data with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with team members and communicate stock-related information clearly
- Efficient time management skills to meet deadlines and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous, but not essential
- Company Pension
- 25% discount in The Garden Cafe
- 20% discount in The Garden Centre
- 15% discount in The Food Hall
- Voucher on your birthday!
- Part-time permanent position
- Monday to Wednesday (24 hours)
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, download an Application Form, or ask for one from our Information Desk and return it either by email or to the following address: Management, Beetham Nurseries, Pool Darkin Lane, Milnthorpe, Cumbria, LA7 7AP.