Full-time, Permanent position. Salary dependent on experience.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Head Chef to lead our busy Catering Team, in a role that is vital for the success of the Beetham Nurseries brand. As the key member on our kitchen team, you will be responsible for creating great menus which showcase great food, ingredients and innovation across all of our catering outlets. You will also combine your skills, experience, creative flair and technical excellence to operate a professional catering environment that maximises profits without compromising on quality. This role is to be the real creative force of our food offer, and you will work in a way that supports and reinforces our culture and brand to contribute towards the overall success of the business.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the kitchen for the Garden Café, Wood Fired Kitchen and food trucks.
- Ensure the kitchen and the team are prepared for each shift and that the team is effectively managing their time.
- Ensure all food is consistent to the core menus developed, as set down by dish specifications.
- Develop new menus to meet trends and target GP.
- Ensure all menus are costed and have full dish specifications and allergy advice.
- Advise the senior team on planned and preventative capital expenditure.
- Run an effective and cost-effective catering operation.
- Procedures and legal requirements pertaining to fire, safety, hygiene and security to be adhered to at all times.
- Compliance of all legislation pertaining to food handling and food safety.
- Team Members to be trained in safe working practices and their legal responsibilities.
- Ensure accurate record keeping in accordance with company and legal requirements.
- Accurately forecast, monitor, control and evaluate costs and expenditure.
- Control food stock through effective ordering, usage and storage in-line with forecasted needs of the business.
- Work in a collaborative way with across the retail and marketing departments.
For your people
- To recruit, train and develop a team of talented people.
- To drive the team’s development so that they are at their best.
- To manage performance to make sure we don’t settle for mediocrity.
- To be an ambassador for the brand in the community and the industry through your character, professionalism and dynamicity.
- To take ownership for your personal development and performance.
For your process
- To build a culture to ensure everyone understands the part they play.
- Be responsible for understanding the needs and requirements of our customers.
- To proactively look for ways to drive awareness and build customer loyalty.
- To maximise the space and facilities available, making every inch count.
- To identify any barriers or challenges which may prevent you or your team from delivering on agreed processes.
- To take responsibility for keeping up to date with any changes in your department and take responsibility for communicating them to the team.
For your profit
- Control operational costs throughout your department.
- Be both pro-active and reactive to any forecasted shortfalls to budget.
- To look for ways to protect the profit without compromising our core values.
- To ensure you can spot and act on every opportunity for sales.
- To act upon any reasonable instructions from management as pertains to your job responsibilities.
- Health & Safety audits
- Statutory compliance
- Customer feedback
- Performance of team members
- Trade and industry awards
- EHO Reports
- External Quality Audits
- Financial Performance
Full time position, 7.30am - 4pm, 5 days a week including some weekend work. No split shifts.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or download an application form or ask for one from our Information Desk and return either by email here or to the following address: Management, Beetham Nurseries, Pool Darkin Lane, Milnthorpe, Cumbria, LA7 7AP.