Full-time, Permanent position. Salary dependent on experience.
Here at Beetham Nurseries, our food & drink offering includes The Garden Café which offers daily breakfasts, lunches and light bites, the Wood Fired Kitchen which offers Neapolitan pizza & wood fired sides dishes, and our street food offerings by way of our vintage vans on The Terrace, which are used for events and during the spring and summer seasons. Our extensive offering makes us one of the area’s leading hospitality establishments, and we are looking for a brand-new chef to join our exciting team.
Joining our fast-paced, friendly and ambitious kitchen will enable you to work sociable hours directly under our Head Chef, with a focus on work/life balance, in a forward-thinking environment, utilising local produce and the best ingredients to create and serve our extremely popular menus to the highest standards.
The successful candidate will be responsible for making sandwiches and salads and assisting other members of the kitchen team as required. Applicants should be hard working, reliable and have consistently great food production skills.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Some food knowledge and a desire to learn more.
- Strong, positive and professional communications skills.
- Good organisational skills and some understanding of cost control / minimising waste.
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety and food hygiene.
- Be able to follow hygiene procedures and keep records accordingly.
- You are personable with excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred, however not essential as full training will be provided.
- Full time position
- 7.30am - 4pm, 5 days a week including some weekend work.
- No split shifts.
- Company Pension
- Free meal whilst on shift
- 25% discount in The Garden Cafe
- 20% discount in The Garden Centre
- 15% discount in The Food Hall
- Voucher on your birthday!
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter for the attention of Catering Manager; Nichola to firstname.lastname@example.org or download an application form or ask for one from our Information Desk and return either by email here or to the following address: Management, Beetham Nurseries, Pool Darkin Lane, Milnthorpe, Cumbria, LA7 7AP.