Retail Floor Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Retail Floor Manager to join our team.
We are looking for an experienced shop manager to join our team, overseeing the successful management of our popular Garden Centre and Gift Shop. The role is primarily based on the shop floor, and you will be working in a busy, dynamic environment that changes every day – so you'll need to be confident when it comes to multitasking and managing multiple priorities. You are a people person with a knack for getting the best out of others, inspiring them to work to their full potential whilst doing so yourself.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Managing the Garden Centre and Gift Shop: you will be responsible for the management of the store's overall operations, working to maximise profits through the organisation of promotions, use of sales skills, and management of sales volumes and figures.
- You will be responsible for a team of staff. This will include interviewing and hiring new staff members, overseeing HR processes such as management of holidays and weekly rotas, providing staff training, resolving any legal or health and safety issues, and ensuring high standards are consistently met and maintained.
- You will be able not only to provide excellent customer service yourself, but also to ensure your team does so!
- Previous management experience is essential.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills are a must: you're able to both motivate and inspire your team, setting and maintaining consistently high standards.
- You're a strong team player and are comfortable working with others, both on a person to person basis and with the various teams at Beetham Nurseries. That being said, you're equally comfortable working independently, thinking on your feet and taking initiative.
- You are able to efficiently delegate and prioritise tasks in a busy, fast paced environment.
- You have a strong awareness of the current market and industry competitors.
Full time, including weekend work.
If you would like to be a part of our friendly team, please apply along with a covering letter to: Stephen Abbit,
Download an application form or ask for an application form in the Cafe or at the Information Desk, and return either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address: Beetham Nurseries, Pool Darkin Lane, Beetham, nr Milnthorpe, Cumbria, LA7 7AP