Full Time Chef
We are looking for an experienced Chef to join our friendly catering team in our busy Garden Cafe and Food Shop.
Recently nominated for a Cumbria Life Food & Drink Award, the cafe is a popular part of an independent, family run Garden Centre and offers delicious, home-made food in a welcoming environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
Working closely with and reporting directly to the Catering Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Food production for our busy cafe and food shop.
• Working as part of a team.
• Maintaining high standards of hygiene, health and safety.
• Ordering and stock control.
• Maintaining high standards of presentation at all times.
• You will hold a minimum level 2 food hygiene certificate.
• You will have creative flair when it comes to designing menus.
• You will have a pro-active driven attitude towards work and performance.
• You will have a real passion for producing fresh food at a high standard.
• You will be professional and approachable and work well as part of a team.
• Your communication skills will be excellent.
• You will be experienced in working in a busy kitchen.
• You will have an understanding of costings, GP, P&L's and stock control.
• You will be flexible and willing to adapt in a fast changing environment.
Full time position, 7.30am - 4pm, 5 days a week including some weekend work. No split shifts.
If you would like to be a part of our friendly team, please apply to:
Lydia Abbit, Download an application form, or ask for an application form at the Information Desk, and return either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address: Beetham Nurseries, Pool Darkin Lane, Beetham, nr Milnthorpe, Cumbria, LA7 7AP or alternatively, send us your C.V.