Pumpkin Growing Challenge 2023
Whether you’re a seasoned gardener, passionate vegetable grower or a beginner just starting out, we invite you to take on our vegetable growing challenge of 2023… Pumpkins!
Sponsored by Robinson Seed & Plants, we are offering growers across the region seeds for Pumpkin - 'Big Max' to nurture and grow the biggest pumpkin you can.
The competition will be judged as part of our Apple Weekend celebrations on Saturday 7th October 2023 where each pumpkin will be judged on weight.
ENTRIES HAVE NOW CLOSED FOR 2023!
How to Take Part
If you'd like to accept our challenge to see who can grow the heaviest pumpkin, all you need to do is complete the form below before 28th February 2023. We will then contact you in March to let you know you've been accepted and you'll have until 31st March 2023 to collect your seeds in-store.
You'll then have the spring and summer season to nurture your seeds into plants, and then pumpkins!
We ask all participants to bring in their pumpkin for judging between Saturday 30th September and Friday 6th October 2023, ready to be judged on Saturday 7th October as part of our Apple Weekend celebration.
So, if you think you're up to the 2023 challenge, simply complete the form below!
Pumpkin Growing Challenge Terms & Conditions
- All those wishing to take part must complete the form by 28th February 2023.
- All successful registrations will be contacted directly on 1st March by email. Seeds will then be ready for collection and must be collected by 31st March 2023.
- Each grower will be given 4 seeds.
- Only those who register in-store or via our website will be able to enter the competition. You may enter at a later date if you wish to purchase your own seeds, but they must be Robinson's Pumpkin - Big Max seeds (with proof of purchase from Beetham Nurseries), and you must notify us prior to 30th September 2023 if you wish to take part.
- It is the responsibility of the grower to take care of and nurture these seeds/plants – no replacement seeds can be given.
- All growers must then bring in their pumpkins between Saturday 30th September and Friday 6th October.
- The pumpkins will be weighed and judged on Saturday 7th October 2023 and the winner will receive a grand prize from Beetham Nurseries.
- The winner does not need to be in attendance on 7th October to be eligible to win; Beetham Nurseries will contact them directly on Monday 9th October 2023.