Biological Methods of Pest Control
Repelling Unwanted Insects
There are lots of biological ways to naturally repel unwanted insects from different areas of your garden.
- Planting onions and leeks next to carrots will deter carrot fly.
- French Marigolds will ward off greenfly and blackfly - plant them next to your tomatoes.
- Ants can sometimes become a problem with plants that are planted directly into the ground. Plant peppermint, bay leaf or garlic to deter them.
- Mice can be deterred by planting an elder shrub.
- Snails and slugs can be caught in a beer trap - a little sip and they become drunk and drown.
- Nasturtiums will deter aphids.