Full Time / Permanent position. Salary dependent on experience.
Here at Beetham Nurseries, our food & drink offering includes The Garden Café which offers daily breakfasts, lunches and light bites, the Wood Fired Kitchen, which currently offers light lunches, although houses our traditional wood fired oven, and our street food offerings by way of our vintage vans on The Terrace, which are used for events and during the spring and summer seasons. Our extensive offering makes us one of the area’s leading hospitality establishments, and we are looking for a brand-new chef to join our exciting team.
Joining our fast-paced, friendly and ambitious kitchen will enable you to work sociable hours directly under our Head Chef, with a focus on work/life balance, in a forward-thinking environment, utilising local produce and the best ingredients to create and serve our extremely popular menus to the highest standards.
Working closely with, and reporting directly to the Catering Manager and Head Chef, you will be responsible for food production across all three food & drink establishments, maintaining high standards of hygiene, health and safety, ordering food & stock control, and of course maintaining the highest standards of presentation at all times.
If you are passionate about working with the best local produce, creating new & exciting dishes and want to take your career to the next level, we want to hear from you.
- You will hold a minimum level 2 food hygiene certificate.
- You will have a pro-active driven attitude towards work and performance.
- You will have a real passion for producing fresh food at a high standard.
- You will be professional and approachable and work well as part of a team.
- Your communication skills will be excellent.
- You will be experienced in working in a busy kitchen.
- You will have an understanding of costings, GP, P&L's and stock control.
- You will be flexible and willing to adapt in a fast changing environment.
- Full time position
- 7.30am - 4pm, 5 days a week including some weekend work (40 hours/week)
- No split shifts
- Company Pension
- Free meal whilst on shift
- 25% discount in The Garden Cafe
- 20% discount in The Garden Centre
- 15% discount in The Food Hall
- Voucher on your birthday!
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter for the attention of Catering Manager; Nichola to firstname.lastname@example.org or download an application form or ask for one from our Information Desk and return either by email here or to the following address: Management, Beetham Nurseries, Pool Darkin Lane, Milnthorpe, Cumbria, LA7 7AP.